Russ & Daughters at the Jewish Museum is now open for brunch on Saturdays
Saturday brunch is by a prepaid set-menu by reservation only. Enjoy brunch and Shabbat without having to wait in line.
With advance reservations, a delectable spread of Russ & Daughters brunch classics can be enjoyed without a wait. A set-menu served family-style includes an appetizing platter, breads from Russ & Daughters Bagels & Bakery, pickles, and desserts, all designed to share. The airy restaurant, featuring the whimsical mural by Maira Kalman depicting the 104-year-old history of Russ & Daughters, is the perfect setting for groups looking to spend quality time together.
SET MENU, SERVED FAMILY-STYLE ($50 per person, gratuity is included)
● For kiddush: Russ & Daughters Challah and wine or grape juice
● DEVILED EGGS: topped with Wild Alaskan Salmon Roe, served with butter-baked matzo
● APPETIZING PLATTER: An assortment of Russ & Daughters' finest hand-sliced smoked and cured fish.
● RUSS & DAUGHTERS BREAD BASKET: an assortment of our Bagels, Bialys, Shissel Rye Bread, Pumpernickel Bread, and Challah
● PICKLES FROM THE BARREL
● MIXED GREEN SALAD: with fennel, dill, capers, citrus dressing
● DESSERT PLATE: includes Halvah Ice Cream, Black & White Cookies, and fresh fruit
● A glass of Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice, Coke, or Diet Coke
● Coffee or Tea
OPTIONAL BEVERAGE MENU ($26 person, gratuity is included)
Includes 2 drinks per person: choice of Bloody Mary, Mimosa, Wine, Beer
With advance notice we are happy to accommodate vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, food allergies and Chalav Yisrael. Dietary restrictions for all members of a party must be stated in advance of your arrival: please include this info when you make your reservation.
Maximum table size is 8 people. For parties between 9 and 12 people, you can make two separate reservations: your tables will NOT be together. Need room for the whole tribe? The private dining room is available for rentals, just as it is the rest of the week. Gather the group together in our exclusive location for a family-style brunch that will be as delicious as it is memorable. For information on hosting a private event or larger party on a Saturday, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Choose a 90-minute time slot that’s most convenient for you — between 10 AM-4 PM — and we’ll have everything waiting to welcome you. Your reservation enables you to enjoy your table for 90 minutes. Example: an 11:00AM reservation ends at 12:30PM. If you arrive late, your end time is still 12:30PM.
To comply with Jewish law on the Sabbath, the following rules are in effect:
● One set menu is offered. Substitutions or changes to the menu are not possible.
● Reservations can only be made through our Resy page.
● Reservations will be accepted until Friday at 11:45PM. (Shomer Shabbos? Make your reservation before sundown.)
● This is a pre-paid event. No transactions will occur during Sabbath.
● Take-out and retail sales are not available on Saturdays.
● A Sabbath elevator is available for all visitors. A hand-washing station is available.
All details regarding Russ & Daughters at the Jewish Museum Saturday operations were approved by The Jewish Theological Seminary and Rabbi Aaron D. Mehlman, Executive Rabbinic Director, National Kosher Supervision.
At this time, Jewish Museum member discounts cannot be accommodated for this event.